Untouched sands along an 8 mile stretch of the finest oceanfront seclusion ever found by man. Keewaydin Island is to Florida what Christopher Columbus was to America. A barrier island that has come to be cherished by visitors for it's remote location yet close proximity to Naples and Marco Island. Only 20 percent of the island is populated by private luxury homes. The remainder 80 percent is undeveloped and untouched. A pristine all nature old Florida environment that is so rare it is very surprising that things are still the way they are. Believe it or not, this is the only pet friendly beach in all of Naples and Marco. Located in between both, this is a great stop to enjoy the day with out boating enthusiasts and watercraft owners as well. A perfect July 4th destination to enjoy the natural wonders this special Florida island has to offer. No commercial development to be seen for miles, this place is the way it was and the way it should be. An exotic tropical ocean life for the select few.
Key Island or also referred to as Keewaydin by the local residents and visitors. It serves as midpoint waterway in between Naples and Marco Island. In the MLS system it falls under the Naples Board of Realtors MLS. Usually, there is no more than 1-2 listings available for sale. An oceanfront home on raised post and pier construction will typically be priced at over $2 million. Private estates under 3,000 square feet with 3 bedrooms on average are typical beach homes in the area. Keewaydin Island can only be accessed and reached by boat. It is currently under management by the State of Florida's Coastal Office and in complete unison within the Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve. Mapping the shoreline takes place annually along with taking into account significant storm events. This has been taking place since 1997. The island offers soft white sand along it's coastal ocean shores and is highly visited by those with private boats both power and sailboats. A very organic location that must be sought to be kept this way. All visitors should strive to maintain it's secluded well kept natural impression.
Keewaydin Island stretches a half mile wide and is home to 15 estate luxury beach homes. There are 50 private owners on the island in total. One with ties to the Biden Family. Generators are a must here as is living off grid and off the land. If your idea of getting away and escaping to paradise then this is by far one of the only spots left in all of Florida where finding something better will more than likely never happen. Shelling, snorkeling, dolphin spotting, fishing, and relaxing on the beach have all been determined ways to make this place a tropical dream come true. An assortment of options are available for those who would like to left alone, one of them is to go during the week for the super ultimate in privacy experience. The other is to book a private vacation at one of the very rare oceanfront homes to be able to stay a few nights. One can only imagine what a morning with coffee could be like in your very own private island beach house. Keewaydin is seriously a place out of the movies. Only this time it is real.
No current listings, please check back later.
Looking for the perfect home in the perfect place? Chances are you'll want to check here first:
All Data Available
Active Listings Only
Customizable Search Options
New Listing Alerts
Instant Home Value Assessments
La Playa Beach and Golf Resort
Naples Ritz Carlton Beach Resort & Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
Golisano Children's Museum of Naples
Gumbo Limbo (Ritz Carlton Beach Resort)
Tommy Bahama Restaurant, Bar & Store
Truluck's Ocean's Finest Seafood and Crab
Eagle Creek Golf and Country Club
Lakewood Country Club of Naples
Lely Resort Golf and Country Club
Neapolitan Way Shopping Center
The Village Shops on Venetian Bay
Arthur L. Allen Tennis Center (Cambier Park)
Emilio Sanchez Academy Florida
January 74°/56° - Coldest Month
July 90°/75° - Warmest Month
August 90°/75° - Warmest Month
March 0.63" - Driest Month
August 4.29" - Wettest Month